Tuesday, July 20, 2010

New Studio!


I'm wasting no time to get into the studio. Since I've moved into a studio apartment, I'll be living where I work (quite literally, my bed is a mere 5 feet from this table!) and I'm incredibly excited to be diving right in to things. My latest project is a humble quilt. Through much trial and tribulations in selecting fabric, I've decided on something that is not quite attune to my usual aesthetic, but in tans and neutral light blues. This is an experiment so far: cutting up fabric into 3 inch strips and then varying lengths of 3.5 inches to 8.5 inches. All of the fabric has been bought from Joann fabrics - their fat quarter selection is tremendous. I've been taking advantage of their college student discount since I'm now enrolled back in school :)

The other project has been recording Lunar Park by Bret Easton Ellis. Yes, I'm making an audiobook. Why? Someone had told me that they were not big readers.. so I thought, they could be good listeners. Now I'm recording a book. As a note, my voice is not exactly the best to listen to for hours on end, especially since the character in Lunar Park is Bret Easton Ellis, who is known being a bit of a pig. I stifle a lot of giggles and take the opportunity to make a lot of vodka drinks.

No comments: